Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- When you place your order you commit for 1 month
- Within the first month you can cancel at any time and stay till the end of that month.
- Thereafter please give 1 months notice.
- When you cancel and require a refund, please supply your bank account number and sort code so we can pay directly into your account.
- Your first payment must be credited to our bank account by the Friday before you collect your first bag.
- 2 weeks holiday per year is built into your monthly bag price, please give us one weeks notice when you are going to be away, so your bag is not wasted.
- If you are taking more than 2 weeks holiday please let us know a week in advance. Will we refund you for the extra weeks straight into your bank account, on receipt of your sort code and account number. Alternatively you can let a friend collect your bag and try out the scheme, (please arrange payment between yourselves).
- If you miss your collection or can’t make it, get a friend to collect or let us know. We will hold onto it for you till you can pick up, otherwise we will put it to good use. It is best to pick it up on the first day to get salad and leafy veg at their best. Failing that you can refresh it in cold water.
- Please wash your veg well before using.
- In the event that we are unable to supply the bag for whatever reason, we will inform by email as soon as we can.
- If your bag is not at the designated pickup point, or the wrong size is there for you, let us know by email as soon as possible we will make up the difference or refund you.
- If you are not happy with the service, please let us know and we will try harder.
- We may change the contents of the bag based on availability at short notice.
Terms & Conditions for our reusable bag scheme
- We, as well as our community, felt time was up for plastic bags. The reusable bag scheme was put forward to all customers in a survey in October 2017. Feedback from customers both on the switch to a reusable bag and the cost associated with the switch was positive. From the poll it was evident that customers would be happy to support a one-off contribution payment.
- As a not for profit enterprise our surpluses are used to pay our staff a fair wage and our suppliers a fair price. By asking for a contribution towards reusable bags we can deliver a much-needed change in our packaging, stay true to our sustainability beliefs whilst ensuring that the same level of financial support flows to the farms we work with.
- We are not a largescale organisation but a local not-for-profit which supports the local community. Part of that community commitment is making smart choices around environmental issues. We are committed to making meaningful changes though progress can sometimes be slower than we would like -whether that be for logistical or financial reasons. The switch to reusable bags has been a major priority for us, we are happy that it has come to fruition and hope that now it is here our customers are happy to support the scheme.
- The £5 contribution supports getting the bags into circulation. It is a one off charge which is matched by Local Greens. The ongoing cost of weekly collection, washing and sorting each bag type and size, damage, loss, repair and renewal will also be covered by Local Greens.
- The scheme is not an 'opt in. With change there are cost implications therefore this scheme is compulsory. We do not want to raise the price of the vegetable and fruit bags as we want to be clear that the cost is not related to the vegetables and fruit but to the logistical change associated with providing an eco-friendly bag offer.
- On leaving the scheme you can ask for the full amount to be reimbursed, this will happen on the condition that all bags have been returned. Alternatively, if you are happy to leave a bit of your contribution within the scheme then you can ask for a denomination of the £5 to be returned.
- We would never charge an account without permission and as a such we include a message on the registration page as well publicly on this page.
Terms and Conditions for using this Website
- No liability is accepted for third party websites linked to or from or accessible through this website nor do we approve or endorse the contents of any such sites.
- The entire contents of this website are copyright with all rights reserved and remain our property.
- In the event of a dispute arising from the use or contents of this website we Local Greens and you the user, agree to exclusively accept the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Information supplied in our web pages has been prepared with care and is accurate to the best of our knowledge, this information being honest, decent and legal from the date of creation. You agree that information or material accessed or downloaded through our web pages for personal or private use is done so entirely at your own risk and that you accept responsibility for any damage to hardware or software or data loss even if we are aware of the possibilities of such damage.
- Information supplied on our web pages is for guidance only and does not in any part form a contract and may be subject to change without notice. Reasonable effort is made to ensure we provide accurate and current information on our web pages. We are not liable for any incidental, consequential, cumulative, direct or indirect losses or damages from the use or misuse or inability to use, including omissions and misrepresentations and any errors on our web pages.
- You may download or print selections of this web site if only used for your personal information and not for reproduction, or commercial use. Except where stated, the text, graphics and information of the web site are the copyright of Local Greens. Copying and storage of this web site for permanent use or incorporation and reproduction whether for new media or paper use is strictly prohibited.
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'